Tried it quickly, my remarks:
- Tribe doesn't have an option to create a new partition on free space, must use partitionmanager;
- Tried to format a swap partition and Tribe broke;
- Tried to create and format sdd2 as ext4 in partitionmanager - it failed;
- Burg theme should use the space better: there's no way to read the "non-free..." menu, which is even worse for languages that begin with reverse frase order (looks just like the standard option);
- Burg menu description doesn't use the right character set to display accented characters (tried Portuguese, "NÃO" shows "N╖O"); I supose the frase was edited using ISO, but burg uses ASCII, as "Ã" is a valid character in both encodings;
- Partitionmanager has conflicting naming scheme with RAIDs: system says the first partition on dm-0 is dm-1, but partitionmanager says it's dm-01.
Successfully booted on both Intel (free drivers) and ATI (non-free drivers).
Last edited by honor (2011-09-22 04:19:34)
New images out: http://chakra-project.org/bbs/viewtopic … 503#p40503
When new image with kde 4.8 is out?
With normal minor KDE releases, expect a new ISO to be out 7-10 days after KDE announces such a release. KDE 4.8.0 being a major release, and since KDE is closely tied to Qt, it should be released with Qt 4.8.0. This combination is not passing the stability tests Chakra sets for these releases.
KDE 4.8.0 is just build last night in unstable and needs to see some real improvement from upstream (combined with Qt 4.8) to make it into the stable repo's, once KDE does make the announcement, and the usual testing period has passed.
Will keep you posted here, to let you know if KDE 4.8.0 will be skipped, or if the bug-fixes are happening.
I'm ready to test any upcoming releases of Chakra and give feedback on the forum.
I would also like to get my Chakra Test-Squad title, pretty please?
Here you go .
Subscribe here first:
And read the guidelines to really help with testing:
One of the main things mentioned there, is to give meaningfull feedback, not just "I had an error", once shown you can help that way, you'll right away be added to the test-squad here.
First testing ISO for Clair is on the wild for x64, go get it and try out, report back so this baby will shine on official release:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/chakra- … round/ISO/
This release has new themes (grub, kde, and kde) and Kapudan.
Installed without issues yesterday, noticed issues already present on Archimedes (doesn't install l10n-pt_BR when Brazilian Portuguese is selected, grub translation of "non-free drivers" looks garbled on brazilian Portuguese due to incorrect encoding), had a single issue with Kapudan: I asked for Lancelot menu, but got kickoff instead.
EDIT: Lancelot did show up after restart! Kapudan really looks beautiful.
Last edited by honor (2012-08-14 02:07:42)